Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thumb Twiddlin'

Boredom has set in.

So, recently, I published that I had gotten a job which is true, but as I am quickly becoming personally aware, even before leaving the lands of my birth, it does not come without it's own generous helping of frustration. After having gotten all of the necessary documents in order, stamped with the appropriate marks of quasi-officiality, neatly packaged in a protected and insured container, paid for in blood, sent via "express" mail which I am fairly certain means delivered via pack mule, I recieve a phone call.

We shall call her Lucy.

Lucy is my Korean-born, American-raised, Korean employed recruiter. She has been good to me so far and barring her revealing her true nature as a brilliant corporate double-agent, I am choosing to trust her. However, all is not sunshine and roses as you might have expected any transaction in my target country of choice to be. I have been informed that the teacher I am replacing has opted to stay on for an extra month. Now this has two distinct results for me. First, it gives me a degree of optimism as to the pleasant working environment I am getting myself into which, given the spewing cesspool of negativity that is Dave's, is a nice little surprise. Second and more immediately relevant is the fact that I now have another month to sit on my ass.

I had already quit my job and prepared myself for a whirlwind of activity culminating in a triumphant arrival, treading proudly through avenues of natives kissing my cargoes and offering me their daughters. What I now have is entirely too much time on my hands and too few video games left to fill it. Guess I'll go finish this bottle of scotch...

See you on the Dark Side

3 comments:

  1. It took me absolute ages to get over here. I not only quit my job, but moved back to my hometown (in with my family) and it was awful. But soon, somehow it will work out and you'll forget all about that terrible in-between time.

    Fighting! (If you haven't learned the meaning of that phrase yet, you soon will.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, it does seem to be cropping up quite a bit lately... And I do like fighting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't read Dave's...or...try to remember that Dave's is the arsehole of Korea...and generally only produces negativity and shit. It's not so bad once you get here.

    ReplyDelete