Monday, September 27, 2010

Small Victories...

Things I have conquered in the last 5 months:

1. Homesickness: To be honest I never thought I would have it, but the oddest things creep up when you're a long way from anything remotely resembling the familiar.

2. Fear of talking to strangers: Healthy though it may be for a child and certainly requiring it's own level of personal discernment, it was time for that to be done with.

3. Fear of asking ladies on dates: This one is hard for every nerd slowly coming into adulthood.

4. Fear of getting lost in a foreign country: Come on guys, it happens. Don't worry you'll eventually find that metro station if you keep walking north through those apartment buildings

5. Need for control: Let's face it, there's no such thing here for us, so just roll with it.

6. (Most of) An overinflated sense of justice: I can't threaten First Ammendment law suits here. No First Ammendment.

7. Shame at having to ask for help: Trust me, you'll need help.

I'm sure there are more but I've spent the whole week playing tour guide and it's naptime.


See You on the Dark Side

No comments:

Post a Comment