Friday, February 26, 2010

Money, Money, Money, Money... mmMONEY!

Dear Congress,

Stop telling me what the problem is. I know what the problem is.

You want my money.

Let's back up for a moment. Against my better judgement I have been watching clips of the televised health care "debate". Now, normally I would be pleased as punch to watch our dual party system scrabble and pinch and hair-pull for the 5% undecided constituency. It keeps any of you from doing any more damage than you already have. But, things being what they are, we have a few wrinkles to deal with, namely the fact that corporations now rule the country.

But I digress. We were talking about my money.

First, the obvious: you have instituted a blatantly unconstitutional income tax and convinced the yokels that it's okay. Well done. Then you have made a lack of car insurance a criminal offense, so I am now legally obligated to fund this industry in order to get to my job to make money to fund the industry to get to my job to make money... you get the idea.

Next, a few less Mad Max spiked-knee-to-the-face tactics: Insurance companies want my money, car companies want my money, Wal-Mart wants my money, Your Mom wants my money, the oil industry wants my money, the bank wants my money, etc. "but those are corporations, not us". Yes, corporations that use their massive financial resources to "lobby" you to stall, veto, reword into uselessness and other clever actions, any legislation which might actually do the public some good. If you don't they will twist your image like a vindictive psychotic girlfriend on your balls to the point that you lose your credibility with the slobbering masses, thusly their vote and shortly thereafter, your job. You like your job. It's a good job. You get paid to stand around with your mouth open and let hot air escape. I am looking forward to having a similar job soon. I however, do not get to enjoy "fringe benefits" like a cool free mansion to live in and a private security force and free steak dinners and awesome under-the-table relationships with local mafia.

So, you get to keep your money and give away mine.

I'm taking my money and going somewhere else. Screw you America.

/political rant off

See you on the Dark Side

3 comments:

  1. Oh, snap! There's a flaw in your analogy, Mr. Lou. If i'm the 'vindictive psychotic girlfriend' that makes you the spineless politician taking it up the ass. But you'd like that, wouldn't you?

    ReplyDelete