Thursday, May 20, 2010

Back In The Shackles Again...

Vacations over kiddos.

Yup, I couldn't figure a way out of it, so I finally had to get a cell phone. Hopefully I can keep this somewhat under wraps and I won't have to deal too much with the unnecessary calling and texting and calling and texting and weeping and gnashing of teeth when I don't call or text back. I don't think this place is ready for my no nonsense personal cell phone policies.

You see, a cell phone is not a necessity, it is a convenience. My convenience. Not yours. I am not at your beck and call. I have a job, and I shower, and I sleep, and I listen to music, and I go to the movies, and I have OTHER FRIENDS, but most importantly SOMETIMES I LIKE TO BE ALONE. Actually most of the time I like being alone, but I'm making a concerted effort to meet new people because imaginary friends are not as much fun to blow off.

On the up side, I've made some breakthroughs on the teaching front. I was hesitant to use this particular trick of the trade because it makes me feel like I'm not doing my job, but with this class I had no other viable option. I pawned them off on each other. And it worked! They're at least an order of magnitude more talkative with each other than they are when they're talking to me. I guess whatever gets them to practice their spoken English is my job, so I can take this one as a win, even when I feel like I'm just standing around soaking up cash.


See You on the Dark Side.

1 comment:

  1. Re: cell phones- And I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

    ReplyDelete